Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Vegan, Ancient Grain Gut-Healing Recipes that have Worked for Us So Far

Okay, as promised here are the recipes/products that we are liking:

Cauliflower "Chicken" Nuggets: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/crispy-cauliflower-nuggets/
Autism diet healing gut vegan nuggets
My kids are not easily fooled and they LOVE these. Like ate every one and I got to sleep that night instead of worrying about them being hungry!
I served these cauliflower nuggets with another life-saver for me, Trader Joe's ketchup. I didn't even know my kids liked ketchup until we started this diet.
autism healing gut vegan diet
Pretty much they dip everything in this. EV-ER-Y-THING
Another Trader Joe's win is these crunchy lentil curls that we lovingly call cheetos:
autism snacks diet healthy
Not sure how packed with nutrients these are but when your son needs a crispy snack give him these and he will feel like he's really getting away with something


We have been eating a lot of oats. Which brings me to this recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/toasted-coconut-baked-oatmeal/. I have actually used and loved dozens of recipes from the minimalist blog so scroll through if you are going on this vegan, ancient grains diet like me. The only change I made is I left out the dried fruit and I sprinkled just a little brown sugar on at the end. I could have eaten the entire pan of this myself!
ancient grains diet autism
Coconut oatmeal bake
Two spelt recipes I want to include here (I never thought I would be saying this let alone be aware of what spelt is....): Spelt bread https://natureslegacyforlife.com/recipe/ancient-grain-wonder-bread/
autism diet ancient grains no-yeast
The reviews for this are terrbile! I have no idea why. It's not a sweet bread so don't expect that. We use it for toast and sandwiches and it's yeast free which we needed. I sliced it up, stuck it in the freezer and get it out regularly, toast it and drizzle with honey whenever my sweet little guy needs a snack. Delicious!
and this spelt flat bread that we use in place of tortillas: http://ohsheglows.com/2014/04/14/easiest-5-ingredient-spelt-flatbread/

Last night I used these to make these vegan breakfast burritos wrapped in the above spelt flat bread: https://delightfuladventures.com/vegan-breakfast-burrito/  (Ha! And I just realized this is another minimalist baker recipe. She's good.)
I swear these made my husband fall in love with me all over again. The avacado slaw is mucho delicioso. 
And finally, this chocolate milk:
Honestly, not 100% sure if this counts in our diet, I will need to see if there's added sugar, BUT it's non-dairy and I use it to pour my sons vitamin concoctions into and he drinks it right up so for us that's a HUGE win!
We are still looking for ideas! I will continue to put recipes on here that I can get my son aka the most stubborn, picky human being on the planet to eat. And PLEASE send me your success recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment