Saturday, February 25, 2017

Can I Rant about Medical Bills? Please?

*You totally do not have to read this rant. If you have one of your own, I will read it. Because this is too hard to go through alone. Leave it in the comments. Or email me. I get it. 

So there are tough things about being a grown up. I completely understand that. But add AUTISM and things become downright unjust. Unfair. Cruel.

Do any of you feel this way?

Maybe this is the case with all medical bills but let's talk facts. I have never felt disgruntled over paying medical bills. Truly, I have not. Pay for the hospital stay that brought my three, sweet, darling babies to me? No problem! Those nurses deserve every penny after having to care for a post C-section mom let me tell you! It's gross. I'm gross. Anyways, back to the point. Bills for therapy when it's not working? Downright painful.

We went on blind faith and have been following the medical advice of an N.M.D.* (My brother is still trying to convince me this stand for Not-an-M.D. but anyways...) a naturopathic medical doctor. The one that gave me hope. That said he could cure my son. "We don't care about the cost if you can heal our boy," we said. And technically, that is true. But here we stand, thousands and thousands of dollars in and nothing...yet. And still we wait.

Now, if I sound like a fool, maybe you are right. But, unless you are dealing with the loss of your beautiful, perfect 5 year old boy thanks to a monster called autism, you cannot possibly understand the lengths we would go to to get him back.

A few weeks ago we got a medical bill from one Genova Diagnostics. We sent my poor, sweet boy's urine sample there. TMI? Sorry... Anyways they tested it for one million things, all of which our insurance company say are not legit. Antioxidants, B-vitanins, Minerals, etc:

autism stinks results scam? genova diagnotics
Here is my super high-quality picture of our little guy's test results. If you look carefully you can see my super fancy, flannel pajamas in the right corner...

So we get a bill from them for $350. To us that seems totally reasonable. Of course, insurance will not pay for any of it so we send them the entire amount. Yesterday, we get home just to open another bill from them for an additional:
autism stinks bills genova diagnostics scam?
Our weekend ruiner

YES! I repeat an ADDITIONAL $1053.03. And of course it is the weekend and we get to stress about this all weekend and hope it is some horrible mistake. 

You stink Genova Diagnotics. I really hope you are not a huge scam/waste of money/waste of time/waste of hope.


Are ANY OF YOU going through stuff like this? Is it just us? We can't give up hope but we really feel out of places to look.



*Remember this post? http://iknowwhyautismsucks.blogspot.com/2017/02/finding-cure-pediatricians-vs-dan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment