Tuesday, February 21, 2017

IEP MEETINGS = HELL

Okay, okay, hell is another word I probably shouldn't use. I definitely don't want my kids using it. But what else do I say. The last one almost drove me to Marty's Cheap House of Booze... okay not really but it's kind of become our thing since then. "My day was so bad I may have to take a trip to Marty's".

Anyways, Marty's (cheap house of booze) is on my route home from my son's gradeschool. I wish he was at the beautiful, award winning grade school 3 minutes from my house but for us it's not to be. #autismsucks. Instead, I get to drive a 30 minute, winding, backroad's route to a school with a more intensive autism program. And that is the sight of hell, ooops I mean my IEP meetings.

This last one was especially a doozy. After 3 years of special preschool programs our boy is starting kindergarten. For me special ed kindergarten=special ed real school=no college=my life and his are over.

Anyone else have to go through one of these? Do you bring someone with you? What do you do afterwards? How do you prepare? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment